The United Arab Emirates announced Tuesday, May 18, that it would offer a third injection to recipients of the Sinopharm coronavirus vaccine produced by the Chinese regime due to low protection rates recorded, despite recommendations to place only two doses.

“As part of the state’s proactive strategy to provide maximum protection for society, the door has been opened for the public to receive an additional supportive dose of Sinopharm vaccine candidate for people who have received the vaccine previously and who have completed more than six months on the second dose,”  UAE Department of Health spokeswoman Dr. Farida Al Hosani said May 18, AP News reported.

In parallel, the WHO Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) recommends only two doses of the Sinopharm product on the WHO’s official website:

“WHO recommends an interval of 3–4 weeks between the first and second dose. If the second dose is administered less than 3 weeks after the first, the dose does not need to be repeated. If administration of the second dose is delayed beyond 4 weeks, it should be given at the earliest possible opportunity. It is recommended that all vaccinated individuals receive two doses.”

The controversial campaign recently announced by the UAE authorities comes amid growing uncertainties about the actual efficacy of the vaccine produced by the Chinese regime to combat the CCP Virus.

Despite the lack of public data on the safety and efficacy of the Sinopharm vaccine, the UAE became the first country outside China to license the vaccine for emergency use on December 9, 2020.

China National Pharmaceutical Group, the Chinese regime-owned laboratory producing the Sinopharm, almost half a year after starting the vaccine, has yet to publish late-stage clinical data on the efficacy and safety of its vaccine in scientific journals.

Despite not meeting the stipulated study and publication deadlines, the state-owned company took advantage of its good relations with the health authorities of the World Health Organization (WHO) and, on May 7, received emergency use authorization.

At the same time, the United Arab Emirates became the first country in the world to manufacture its own local version of the Sinopharm vaccine.

The government’s recent statement encouraging a third dose of the vaccine did not reveal any further information, and only attempted to reassure its citizens that all approved vaccines undergo stringent safety testing.

Last month, Li Meng, the head of international cooperation at China National Biotec Group, a subsidiary of Sinopharm, described the use of the booster vaccines in the UAE as “not included in our clinical plan.”

The comment came after an employee of a state-linked Emirati company meant to deliver Sinopharm vaccines unleashed a firestorm of confusion when he acknowledged on Dubai state radio that a group of residents had begun receiving Sinopharm booster shots.

“The country made their own decision that they found for some immunocompromised part of the population or the elderly group, if they found they have low levels of antibodies then they may give a third dose, but it is not recommended in our formal schedule,” Li Meng said.