In the aftermath of the chaos that transpired at the Astroworld Music Festival in Houston, Texas, rapper Travis Scott and Live Nation’s entertainment firm now face an additional seven lawsuits.
The documents obtained by TMZ are nearly identical and were filed by the Houston law firm Roberts Markland LLP, but the petitioner’s name is changed each time.
Both Travis and Live Nation are accused of failing to provide proper protection and a security strategy to protect attendees in both lawsuits. … and the Astroworld Festival’s conditions “caused several stampedes and a crowd compression,” resulting in eight deaths and hundreds of injuries.
Sean Roberts, the lawyer behind these lawsuits, does not mention particular injuries for his clients, only that they were “seriously and permanently injured.”
Since November 8, at least 46 lawsuits have been filed against Scott, whose real name is Jacques Berman Webster II, in Harris County District Court.
Plaintiffs in one suit likened Scott to “the violinist on the Titanic who played while the ship sank around him.”
Concertgoers who claim they were harmed during Friday’s Astroworld concert filed three more complaints earlier this week, each seeking $1 million in damages from Scott, Live Nation, and rapper Drake, who arrived as a surprise act.
Drake is accused of inciting the crowd even though he was aware of Scott’s prior behavior and continuing to play on stage while the crowd mayhem persisted, reported Breitbart.
Attorney Benjamin Crump, who represented the family of George Floyd, has also stated he is representing Astroworld attendees.
“We are hearing horrific accounts of the terror and helplessness people experienced,” Crump said in a statement. “The horror of a crushing crowd and the awful trauma of watching people die while trying to save them.”
A representative for Travis Scott said that Scott has been “actively exploring routes of connection” with “every family affected by the tragedy.” “He is distraught by the situation and desperately wishes to share his condolences and provide aid to them as soon as possible, but wants to remain respectful of each family’s wishes on how they’d best like to be connected.”
“We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve. And we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time,” Live Nation said and USA Today reported.
“Throughout the weekend, we have been working to provide local authorities with everything they need from us in order to complete their investigation and get everyone the answers they are looking for,” Scoremore added in its tweeted statement Monday.