Donald Trump Jr. on Friday, June 5, made a surprise call during the “Howie Carr Show” on WBSM to an 82-year-old man who was allegedly assaulted for holding a sign supporting President Donald Trump.
Charlie Chase was allegedly attacked by a 27-year-old man while holding a Trump sign on Tuesday in Fall River, Massachusetts. The young man tore the sign and knocked off Chase’s Maga hat before he pushed Chase down to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and legs, the Providence Journal reported. Aiden Courtwright has been arrested, according to the Fall River police.
After hearing about the incident, the president’s oldest son, Donald Trump Jr., sought information about Chase and personally called to thank Chase when he was on a show in News Max with host Howie Carr.
Awful.
An 82 year old wearing a Trump hat was attacked by a leftwing nut job in Massachusetts. All political violence is wrong, but what kind of person commits violence against an elderly man?
If anyone has contact info for the victim please send my way.pic.twitter.com/NuOjnxbxhW
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 5, 2020
“I just wanted to say I saw your story, and I’m sorry you had to go through that. We really appreciate the support and stuff like that shouldn’t be going on in America, and I just wanted to say thank you for that support. Thank you for your steadfast loyalty, for your service to our country. It means the world to us,” said Trump Jr. before promising to send Chase some extra MAGA hats, gear, and flags.
“I have to thank you guys,” responded an emotional Chase. “You don’t know how much you mean to us. Thank you.”
“I promise you, it’s guys like you that keep us motivated, patriot Americans, and thank you so much for your service to our country,” Trump Jr. added. “Your guys are truly a remarkable generation and I wish we had more like you.”
Chase said that will not scare him and he will continue to show up his support for the president up until the November election.
Last month, Trump Jr. also replied to a viral video on Twitter of a Texan girl looking for a father figure to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day as her own father reportedly refuse to attend her wedding because her fiancée is a conservative.
“Really sad and touching at the same time. Good for her for standing up to the nonsense,” he tweeted. “P.S. If she doesn’t find someone better count me in. I’ll walk her down the isle. Lmk.”
Really sad and touching at the same time. Good for her for standing up to the nonsense.
P.S. If she doesn’t find someone better count me in. I’ll walk her down the isle. Lmk. https://t.co/9IGbrZvxl8— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) May 6, 2020