In a giant Christmas Day explosion that occurred  in Nashville, Tennessee,  three people were injured and much material damage was done. The police maintain that it was intentionally caused.

It is shocking that before the disaster occurred a recording was repeated several times saying, “If you hear this message, evacuate now,” according to a recording sent by Twitter user @MermanEthal at noon on Dec. 25.

At 6 a.m., police alerted the bomb squad to a suspicious vehicle, but failed to arrive before the “significant explosion,” local media The Tennessean reported.

According to neighbors, the vehicle had been there since Thursday night, and at about 4:30 a.m., shots were fired.

Debris litters the road near the site of an explosion in Nashville, Tenn., on Dec. 25, 2020. (Elliott Anderson/ TODAY NETWORK via REUTERS)

The warnin was issued in time for some of them to leave their homes and move away from the site of the powerful bombing. 

“Whoever did it gave fair warning,” said Betsy Williams, the owner of the Melting Pot building where the motor home was parked.

She also published part of the television news report. 

The detonation was heard miles away and destroyed a lot of windows, as well as causing several fires and a lot of black smoke.

The FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) and the Nashville Police Department (MNPD) are in charge of the investigation, according to a police tweet. 

“MNPD, FBI & ATF investigating the 6:30 a.m. explosion on 2nd Ave N linked to a vehicle. This appears to have been an intentional act. Law enforcement is closing downtown streets as investigation continues.”

The explosion, which was felt nine blocks away, destroyed several other vehicles, damaged buildings, and released black smoke that could be seen for miles, according to Reuters.

Mayor John Cooper, who toured the site, described the damage, which included broken glass and insulated water pipes that “exploded” into the trees.

“It looks like a bomb went off,” Cooper said, adding that the city center will be “sealed off” during the investigation to make sure everything is “completely safe,” according to the New York Post. 

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.