Virginia Roberts Giuffre would have rejected a $5 million out-of-court settlement with Prince Andrew, who is accused of sexually abusing her when she was a minor. The victim prefers to go to trial to expose the alleged pedophile and send a message to “anyone with power and privilege.”
Ms. Virginia Giuffre, who denounced Prince Andrew for having forced her to have sex with him three times when she was just 17 years old, following the order of her abuser Jeffrey Epstein, announced that she will not accept an out-of-court settlement, according to insider sources.
Andrew never acknowledged the accusations, and according to what was reported, the plaintiff is not interested in accepting money from him if he does not acknowledge the aberrant acts carried out or if they are confirmed by a court of law. In this sense, she has confirmed that she will not accept money unless it is at the direction of a judge after declaring the accused guilty.
According to the British media The Mirror, Andrew is trying to bring forward the sale of a large chalet of about $23 million he owns in Verbier, Switzerland, to help meet his mounting legal costs as he fights accusations of sexual abuse. His mother, Queen Elizabeth, would not be willing to invest money for this purpose.
Andrew remains hopeful that a New York judge will back his case and stop Ms. Giuffre’s civil action against him. However, some legal experts said a hearing this week “couldn’t have been worse” for the ninth in line to the throne.
A source with knowledge of the proceedings said, “There has been no discussion of a financial settlement. This is U.S. civil litigation, and given that the vast majority of U.S. civil litigation is settled out of court, it would always be an option on the table.”
This option is of course in the best interest of Andrew and the rest of the firm, not because of the economic issue, but rather because of the media exposure that such a lawsuit would entail.
New York District Judge Lewis Kaplan released on Monday, January 3, an agreement signed in 2009 between Ms. Giuffre and pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, who was identified as the man responsible for trafficking her for sex.
The alleged agreement indicates that the late financier had given her $500,000 to prevent her from suing “potential defendants” linked to Epstein.
Andrew’s lawyers claim that their client falls into this category and that the case should therefore be dismissed.
Billionaire Epstein, who was a longtime friend of Prince Andrew, was convicted of a sex crime in 2008 and committed suicide in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on more sex trafficking charges.
Separately, Ghislaine Maxwell, 60, Epstein’s partner and longtime friend of Andrew, was convicted of sex trafficking in a New York federal court last week and now faces a 65-year prison sentence.