The 9-year-old child who was on life support after being trampled at Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival in Houston has passed away. Ezra Blount died of his injuries on Sunday on Nov.15, reported the New York Post.

The death of the young kid brings the total number of people killed at the terrible performance to ten. Eight people were pronounced deceased on the show’s horrific night. Bharti Shahani, a 22-year-old college student, was confirmed dead last Thursday as the ninth victim.

Ben Crump, attorney for the Blount family, said in a statement: “The Blount family tonight is grieving the incomprehensible loss of their precious young son. This should not have been the outcome of taking their son to a concert, which should have been a joyful celebration. Ezra’s death is absolutely heartbreaking. We are committed to seeking answers and justice for the Blount family. But tonight we stand in solidarity with the family, in grief, and in prayer.”

Houston mayor Sylvester Turner also shared his condolences in a statement posted on Twitter.

“I am saddened to learn of Ezra’s death this evening,” he wrote. “Our city tonight prays for his mom, dad, grandparents, other family members, and classmates at this time. They will need all of our support in the months and years to come. May God give them strength. RIP Ezra.”

The rapper Travis Scott was one of Ezra’s favorite artists.

“He was stoked, he was ready to go, From the McDonald’s commercials to ‘Fortnite,’ Ezra was already a big fan,” Ezra’s father, Treston Blount, said.

When Scott opened his set at NRG Park in Houston on Nov. 5, Ezra rode on his father’s shoulders, reported NY Post.

Treston stated that he and Ezra purposefully kept further back in the crowd and away from the stage when they arrived at the festival.

“We was in the back, way in the back, and I figured, ‘Okay, this is cool,’ ’cause the front can get a little wild,” Treston said.

However, the mob rushed forward, his dad passed out from the pressure of the crowd and the young boy—who was sitting on Treston’s shoulders—fell to the floor and was choked by the crowd surge.

“I’m yelling out, ‘I can’t breathe!’ There are other people around me saying they can’t breathe. It was definitely a moment where I didn’t know what to do,” he said.

Once Treston regained consciousness, Ezra had already been taken to the hospital because his major organs had been damaged, and he had brain swelling.

“I could tell that he was damaged,” Treston said. “I’m not ready to lose my boy at all. We still got a bunch of living to do … That’s my boy.”

Bernon Blount, Ezra’s grandfather, said that Ezra and Treston used to go to concerts together to bond, and they both adored Scott, reported People.

“Once my son saw that the concert was going to happen here in Houston, he bought the tickets months ago,” Bernon said. “It came off as it was going to be a family event, so my son thought that it would be a safe venue for them to come and enjoy together and bond as father and son.”

Ezra’s family sued Scott, 30, and others, claiming that their “grossly negligent conduct” contributed to the child’s life-threatening injuries. Ezra was “kicked, stepped on, trampled, and nearly crushed to death” at the festival.

What was supposed to be a family celebration ended up in a horrible tragedy.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.