House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) urged President Joe Biden to continue to build on the legacy that former President Donald Trump endowed the nation with throughout his first term.
Among McCarthy’s proposed activities are continuing the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) Virus control, avoiding long-term lockdowns, and countering CCP threats to the economy and security, the Washington Examiner reported on Jan. 21.
“President Donald Trump led our country in acknowledging and confronting these generational challenges. It would be wise to pick up that mantle and work toward common ground to make our country and her people stronger,” McCarthy urged.
He also noted that the power of the two parties, Republican and Democrat, is very similar, with equality in the Senate and few too many Democrats in the House.
In these circumstances McCarthy sees an opportunity to work together to achieve national welfare. “I believe we can unite and restore peace, prosperity, and safety,” McCarthy proposed.
“Looking ahead, I know we will be tested. But I also know there will be many promising opportunities for us to seize. We are all Americans, and together we will succeed, as we have for more than 230 years,” he added.
He also listed other successes of the Trump administration in which he himself had played an important role:
- Tax reforms for working families, which lowered taxes allowing Americans to have a greater share of their income.
- A secure border through the construction of hundreds of miles of wall in the most critical places, and increased resources, so that border patrols can perform their role more efficiently.
- Better trade agreements, including the signing of the USMCA with Mexico and Canada.
- he development in record time of the vaccine against the CCP Virus, for which he associated members of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Defense in Operation Warp Speed.
- And the fastest and most beneficial help for U.S. veterans.
It is clear that the Trump administration accomplished much more for the country, fully delivering on the promise he condensed in the Make America Great Again slogan, and McCarthy’s request to President Biden encourages him to follow through on those policies for the good of the nation.