On September 14, Chengdu city reported eight confirmed COVID cases and 14 asymptomatic infections.
Chengdu, the capital of the southwestern Chinese province of Sichuan, went into a COVID lockdown on September 1. Authorities allowed households to send one person out daily to buy necessities within two hours. These people are required to have a negative nucleic acid test result in the previous 24 hours.
As China continues to commit to its Zero-Covid policy, many people from the Erxianqiao construction site in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, were transferred to quarantine sites.
An insider from the Erxianqiao construction site told the Chinese media Xiwang Zhisheng that the move came after three people were initially found positive for COVID. As a result, more than 400 people who worked under closed-loop management were sent to quarantine camps.
In a vegetable market in Chengdu, a video shows that many vegetables were rotten due to the long-day lockdown. Merchants have to bear the losses.
Adding to that, authorities in Yibin city, south of Sichuan province, ordered its nearly 4.6 million residents to stay at home starting from September 9. The move is to comply with China’s “Zero-Covid” pandemic curbs.
Recently, a Yibin No. 1 Middle School teacher was reportedly infected with COVID. As a result, 5,000 teachers and students from the school were sent to quarantine sites.
As the Guardian reported, the director general of the international health body, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said at a press briefing in Geneva on Wednesday that the number of reported COVID deaths worldwide last week was the lowest since March 2020.
He added, “We have never been in a better position to end the pandemic—we are not there yet, but the end is in sight.”
However, the Chinese regime still insists on its draconic Zero-Covid policy.